Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service
Approximately 3,000 Promontory Network members can offer CDARS®. With CDARS, financial institutions can
- attract, grow, and retain customer relationships by providing customers with access to multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance (limits apply);
- keep the funding or take the excess off balance sheet;
- attract "sticky" deposits in million-dollar increments;
- enhance profitability by reducing both customer acquisition and collateralization costs;
- improve asset liquidity by reducing collateralization;
- manage liquidity by placing excess deposits with other Network members and earning fee income in the process; and
- purchase cost-effective wholesale funding at fixed rates or floating rates and without collateralization or stock purchase requirements.
CDARS has earned the endorsement of the American Bankers Association through its subsidiary, the Corporation for American Banking.
Read testimonials and case studies to learn more about how Network members and their customers are successfully using CDARS, or visit the News page to read press articles in The Wall Street Journal, Money, and other publications.
Limits apply. Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with a CDARS participating institution. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds. CDARS and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.